Monday, February 26, 2007

My boy, Terrel.....



One of the most rewarding things about being a teacher is getting to see what my kids have chosen to do with their lives. One of my very favorite and most memorable kids is named Terrel Harris. He is #1 on OSU's basketball team and he is so much more than a wonderful athlete; he's just an all around great young man. We have kept in touch over the years and I got to see him play this weekend. I'm sure the fans were a little confused, because we were dressed in Tech clothes and cheering for the Red Raiders, but I was more interested in Terrel than anything. He got to meet Ryder for the first time and we got these pictures. Ryder loved every minute of the game, but he completely wore himself out and in spite all of our attempts, he would not wake up for pictures. That's okay, they still turned out great!

Not a whole lot has changed with mema. She is still hanging in there, but not by much. They changed her dosage tonight, because she was in a bit of pain and that's the last thing that she needs right now. Each day means that we're one closer to the end and in her case, that's a positive way to look at it. She's proven that she's not going out without a fight....bless her heart!

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Those are good pictures...I hope you're feeling better, and that he slept good. I can't imagine after yesterday that he didn't. He probably thinks we're all crazy.

Anonymous said...

I love that you got to see Terrel. That is so neat!

Did you handle a bunch of stuff that I ate this weekend? B/C I have it now! :) I hope that girl got it too...

Lisa Renee said...

Very fun! It cracks me up how much that boy sleeps!

Larissa said...

I just wanted to let you know that we are in now in the month of March. Update!!!!

Larissa said...

Amanda told me to tell you that she is tired of looking at Terrell.

Anonymous said...

I am going to remove you from my favorite list if you do not update soon. I look forward to hearing about you and your life and I know you have more going on then Terrel! Update please!