Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Come to me, and I will give you rest....



The last few days have been pretty long. My mema is nearing the end on this earth. She has gangrene and it is starting to spread through her blood stream. The only thing that can be done at this point is keep her pain free. Tonight the Dr. is placing a morphine patch on her and we've been told that it will slowly put her into a permanent sleep, but she won't feel any pain. A lot of family members came in yesterday to say their last good-by's before they start the patch. I'm on my way out there now to say my own. Death is an end to a new beginning for everyone. What kind of beginning is our decision. She is a wonderful, Christian woman who loves her Lord and her family. Nothing else really mattered to her except that everyone was happy. She sacrificed and gave up her own dreams to take care of everyone else. What a way to be remembered!!!! I don't know what these next few days have in store for her, but the one thing I'm certain of is that she going home soon. She's finally going to get her reward for having to deal with so much hurt and turmoil that this life had to offer. Am I sad, of course. Am I happy for her? I couldn't be happier. Here is a picture of her with Ryder. They both look so peaceful. I'll keep everyone informed on her condition, and make sure to announce that blessed day when she finally gets to meet her best friend, face to face!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

I like what you said, "death is an end to a new beginning." that is true. Good post...that's a beautiful pic of Ryder.

Anonymous said...

I pray that your family will feel peace during this time. She sounds like an amazing woman! That picture has a lot of meaning!

I also LOVE the picture of Ryder sucking his thumb. I love that kid so much. So does Elise!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya'll. I am always here! Like I told Larissa, now she will be with Oscar. I know it's hard but she will be so happy now.

Lisa Renee said...

I am praying for your family. I hope you are feeling better too. I woke up that way this morning! Doing better though already.

Your memmaw sounds like an incredible lady, I know she has passed down a lot of those traits to you as well as Larissa. You are so blessed to have her in your life.