Thursday, February 15, 2007

Living each day as if it were your last....



Something hit me yesterday. Life is short and our days are numbered. Within the last week, I have found out about two people who are young, both married with children and terminally ill with cancer. One died last week, leaving behind a 32 year old wife and 3 small boys. The other found out this morning that she might live for another year. She has two small children. It made me think how my life would be different if I were in her shoes. How would I choose to spend my last days? How would my relationships be different? I can only count my blessings and thank God that were healthy. It makes me really put things into perspective and be appreciative that I have the important things in life. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the everyday, trivial, tasks of life and don't stop to look at it through someone else's eyes. The next time that I get irritated because someone is driving too slow, or didn't take my order correctly...whatever; I hope that I stop to consider what their life is like. Did they just find out that they're dying? Did their husband just leave them? There are so many things bigger than me and my day to day "issues".
I know this is kind of deep, but it's something that we have a tendency to forget. Life is short; be thankful for who and what you have and live each day as if it were your last!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Suzanne, I can already tell that your blog is gonna be a great one to read. What an uplifting read. Thanks for reminding me what treasures in life I have, and to keep thanking God for what he's given me.
Love you girlie!!!!!!!!! Miss you!

Larissa said...

good comment on my blog, and if you notice I corrected the spelling of peanut.

Larissa said...

Man I thought I was computer illiterate...I'll help you with the links. You just made my name the title of ALL of the links.

SS said...

(larissa)I guess that would explain why I can't add any other links....I'll have my people call your people and we'll get it figured out :)

Lisa Renee said...

Very true. I was just thinking after Grandmother's funeral that even at 85 how fast it all must have gone. Looking at her 'babies' thinking that will be my babies someday! Its only been three years and I already don't remember what it was like to hold Ty as a baby! Very true, life is short. That has been hitting me a lot lately and made me quite emotional actually! Yes me!

Anonymous said...

I get sad sometime when I look at the girls. They are getting so big and sometimes I have to make myself remember what they were like when they were a baby. I don't ever want to forget. I do take everyday things for granted and I have to make myself stop doing things sometimes and remeber what is important.
Amanda