Thursday, January 31, 2008

All about me...

Did I do that???? (he's been dressing himself lately)

He loves to ride with daddy...

snuck out the doggy door with a phone and bag of chips...

holding baby Zane....

Playing with Cash...

I've been tagged! I'm sure that yall are so excited to find out wierd little things about me. I could probably come up with pages full, however this only asks for 5-7 and this is what I have off the top of my head. My next blog will include some fun pictures I found from college; it has to do with Amy Lee's last entry. As soon as I get my pictures together, it's on!!! Some of you should be scared, very scared!

(1) Share 5-7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (2) Tag random people at the end of your post. (3) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their page.

1. I have several strange OCD habits, but this one is the easiest to explain. When I'm driving in a vehicle and think that my car is centered between two landmarks, (usually highway telephone poles) I click my teeth together. I will count how many seconds it takes to get from one pole to the next and if it's 6 seconds then I will know that I can click between the next set of poles at 3 seconds and that should be close to the middle. I know, they prescribe meds for this kind of stuff.

2. I love the smell of a cow lot. It's not like I would buy "cow lot" scented potpourri for my house, but when I smell it outside, it reminds me of West Texas/Eastern NM. I guess it just reminds me of my childhood.

3. It is virtually impossible for me to turn down a bet. Regardless of how ridiculous the dare or bet may be, I would probably take it. In high school, a guy bet me that I couldn't eat 50 bags of chips in less than a week. I of course said that I could, not realizing that it's almost 8 bags per day. Needless to say, I lost and he ended up with a new pair of boots.

4. I love fried spam. It is probably my very favorite kind of sandwich; fried spam, mustard and cheese on toasted bread. I can only make it when Colt is out of town because he says it stinks up the entire house.

5. I would never stick my hand under a bed. Childish, I know but something about that clown on poltergeist has stuck with me all these years. I'll look under a bed, but only if I'm a good distance a way, however, I would never stick my hand under without looking first.

6. My highschool letterman jacket has the wrong graduating year on the patch. When I was filling out the paperwork to order it, the question said "year?" I thought that meant what year is it right now. Apparently it means what year will you be graduating. That was a touch one to live down.

7. I'm probably the reason that people post "no soliciting" on their doors. When I was little, I would make the DUMBEST things and take them door to door asking neighbors to buy them. I would sell anything and everything, but my favorite were the mini pom-poms. I took a bunch of 4 inch pieces of yarn, tied them all together in the middle and called them pom-poms; they were only 10 cents a piece. I remember that one lady asked me, "what do you do with it?" I said, "I don't really know, but you could still buy it."

Maybe this will clarify why I am the way that I am. No, that will probably never happen. Okay, I tag Jenn, Lisa and Mel. Have fun with this one.

12 comments:

Procters said...

Fried Spam and macaroni...reminds me of our summer in our apartment. Oh, by the way, is macaroni and cheese still your favorite vegetable? :-)

Larissa said...

I had to write this list down to address these things:
1. hello, have you heard of xanax...I think you might need some.
2. cow lot??? We grew up in the same house and I think that smells just like what it is!!!
3. have you called carpet tech to settle our bet yet?
4. I was craving some fried spam and potatoes the other day.
5. Everytime I turn the light out, I hop into bed for the same reason.
6. jacket...ohhhhh I forgot about that. Never in my life...!!!
7. Remember how people used to pay you to iron?

yes, you can come to our party, you can take pics of us! you really can come though, you'd fit right in...

Chelle said...

Really, you should get some help. :) Silly girl. Hope you are feeling well these days!

Lisa Renee said...

YES! Love it! These are just the kind of things that make you so much fun and likeable! You crack me up in all your weirdness! I can kinda understand most of these but the cow thing I don't think I will ever get used to it and I won't knock spam until I try it but...yikes..
Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

i was laughing out loud...scarlett just said, "that's so funny, mommy." because she has to be in on the humor too :)
i haven't had spam since wilderness trek with my church group in high school, but the funny thing is that i had a dream about spam last night!
love the list, and am glad to know i'm not the only one to do weird things...i do a weird clicky thing with my teeth too.

Darla said...

Ok, the smell of cow lots does remind me of home. I am not like you because I don't love the way it smells. I love that you are going to post old pictures. I found some old follies pictures the other day and thought I should post them. I going to post them next week.

realitymomma said...

we always knew you were a little weird, but if they gave you meds and "fixed" it, then we wouldn't have sue! so keep all your little quirks....

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing that you and the rest of us sold was breakfast to grandmother and grandad! Okay, we used their food and their house but made them pay for it!!! That's terrible of us!

Happy Mama said...

Oh girl- my favorite ones are the letter jacket...:) and the bet. Those are so you! I love it! And the clowns- I can't even go there. Clowns scare the poo out of me! Hadlea loves them too- so unfortunate for me. I can't wait to see your LCU pics- I have a few "Batgirls" pics of us sportin' the cape. Oh the joys...

Jennifer K said...

Love the pictures. Love your list. I can't do the list b/c there is nothing quirky about me. :)

Sharon said...

Hey Suzanne-
Girl, you are definitely unique and your quirks are too funny! :) I don't know about the fried spam - where did you even come up with that? When are you going to post some prego pics? I can't imagine you prego, you were always so skinny! You're probably one of those who looks like she's smuggling a basketball & you can't tell from the back that you're prego?!! It'll be interesting to see the Follies pics...

Sara said...

These are all hilarious. Man you are funny.
And the 'bet' one, THAT IS GOOD TO KNOW. You know that one's gonna bite you in the butt. Yees!