Friday, January 4, 2008

Careful there, Cowboy!

Ryder and Mama

Come and get me!!!!

Ryder and my Granddaddy

Hey Cowboy!!!

It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone. You know you're getting old when you complain about the years passing too quickly. Anyway, looking back it's been a great year for Colt and I. It's included many transitions with both of our careers, but everything has turned out better than I could have dreamed. Ryder is almost 1 1/2 years old and that's really hard to believe. He is certainly our pride and joy and we can't remember what life was like before him. Probably our biggest surprise of the year was finding out about "baby sister". She is commonly referred to as baby sister, because we still can settle on a name. We better figure it out quickly because I'm ready to start working in her nursery and having things embroidered. Maybe yall should help name our baby. Lisa's been trying for a while, her suggestion was Karter. I think it's cute, but Colt doesn't like it....go figure. I'm making a rule that anyone who reads this entry has to respond and include a girl name suggestion.

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great year and is looking forward to an even better 2008. Here are a few more pictures. One of the Sants's (my parents) got Ryder a rocking horse for Christmas. He absolutely loves it and rides it so fast that it keeps tipping over on him. You think that he would learn....oh well, he's used to the bruises. Have a great week!

-Suzanne

10 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Great pictures! Looks like a super fun Christmas and its neat to hear how God has blessed your family in the past year. As far as the name thing, I am not even going there again, I think I have put about a doller in by this point!!! Hope to see you soon~L

Procters said...

Oh, I love baby name time! I love the name "Brinlee" for a girl. It is a name that we would never be able to use because we already have a Brylie and a Kinley. It would just be too confusing. I love the pictures. Ryder is such a cutie! Happy Naming...Fill us in on the results.

Jennifer K said...

It looks like y'all have had a great time with you families. We need to get together soon. Elise needs to see her bud. She has been doing some interesting things lately. We need to talk! Okay...as far as a name goes...what about Colby Anne. Random, I know.

Happy Mama said...

SUE! Hey girl-Long time no see! I saw you on Amy's blog- congrats on the baby girl coming! If she is half as cute as your little boy- you are in trouble! He is adorable! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Girl names... it took me forever to pick just one-what about LaQuita? Ok- no pledge names... I love the names Carlee and Landree those were 2 on my list. Happy naming!

Larissa said...

I love the one of him and granddad. Hey, about about Callie? See it's different by using a "C". Or oh wait!!!! Sydnee...Sydnee Ann Scott...SAS...I'm sure that would be fitting.

Chelle said...

Bumquesha! That's what you should name her. HAHAHAA. Just kidding, don't do that, not in west TX. Abigail is a pretty name.

Love the pics, they made me smile! Hope you are feeling well!!!

Jill said...

looks like you guys had a great christmas...and you look GREAT in the picture! i had about three chins when i was pregnant :) i wish i could help with the name thing. since we didn't know what we were having, we chose lucy for a girl...i still love that name but SO many people told us how ugly it was. some people can be mean! if we ever have another baby, we will probably still use that name, and i will just have to not let comments from others bother me :)

Happy Mama said...

Hey girl! I added you too- it is fun to see you as a mom! You just look so happy! It is so much fun- Hadlea is 16 months old. Is Ryder about that old? I am with you- I think Shequita Scott has a nice flow... wait, is it me or does Flo sound good? :) Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

That's funny that Larissa said Sydney, that's exactly what I was thinking!!! See, maybe you should go with that!

realitymomma said...

ok, girl names:
Sydney is good (my own is syd, i'll share!)
Raelyn Corrie Karlee (taken from harlee) like brynley that proctor suggested carissa (like aunt larissa) mallory (all time fav, but kirk never liked) Laken

it's easy, but i had to limit myself to six letters with a y and try to keep it a family name! that was complicated

i like raelyn, reagan, rayley (raelee, raeley) plus would be appropriate with ryder

we chose not to do a "r" name b/c we did not want them to say their names was Waylyn Whittle!

keep us all guessing.....