Wednesday, February 13, 2008

An expensive dime...

Eating at the big boy table...

Riding with Daddy, Nana and Papa...

Love McD's...

ERN!!!

Good to see old friends...

There's so much to write about this time. First off I want to say how good it was to see so many of you last weekend. I don't think I'd seen Cherise and Darla since school and that was a long time ago. Thanks to the Kappa girls for letting a CD come party with you. I kind of considered myself "transclub" (get it??? instead of transgender), therefore it was never a big deal. As for my old CD's, we need to get together next year. I will volunteer my house. Let's try and make that a priority; who knows we might could even go to the breakfast but that's probably pushing it for me :)
Anyway, Saturday afternoon Ryder decided to have a dime for lunch. I saw him pick it up and run to his bedroom, but by the time I got there it was too late. He started choking but managed to get it down. His pediatrician said as long as it's not blocking his airway that it would pass through in about 12 or so hours, 3 days at the most. In the mean time, he developed a deep cough and heavy wheeze. Since today is the 4th day and we still have no dime, she said he needed an immediate X-ray. She even mentioned a surgical procedure because she thought it might be trapped in his right lunch. Long story short, we found a dime in the X-ray but its deep in his gut instead of his lung. There's really nothing that can be done, but she said it can take up to 6 weeks for him to pass it through. That means I could be digging through his diapers for another month and a half....that's disgusting. While were waiting on the dime to show up, he's having to take breathing treatments every four hours for a severe upper respiratory infection! All in all, we're pretty lucky because he hasn't been really sick in over a year. As for the dime incident, I have a feeling we'll have plenty doctors/ER visits in the future because he's ALL boy!
That's all for now. Have a great week!

11 comments:

Larissa said...

next year we could shoot water ballons at you guys across the fences, or we could have an alumni football game...hmmm, what do ya think?

realitymomma said...

TRAITOR!!!!! :)

i'm with larissa. i feel flag football coming on. except none of us could probably run near as fast as we used to. i know i don't get around too good, but that is b/c i'm too round.....

Darla said...

A dime for lunch? Well, I can say that is one thing my kids have not done yet? I hope for you and his sake, he will pass the thing real soon. I hope he gets to feeling better soon and is back to his crazy sleeping schedule (12 or more hours of sleep a day)

Happy Mama said...

Sorry about your new piggy bank- ;)
Talk about digging for change.... Hadlea chewed on one of my mom's muscle relaxers for her back on Tuesday night. My mom freaked and called 911 instead of poision control. NINE- really- NINE EMT came beating on the door and were not too happy to find that she hadn't broken the capsule. Yes- I felt like mom of the year. OH well,
BTW you look so cute pregnant!!! I can't wait to see this girl!

Also, count me in for the alumni group- we are such slackers- let's rally the gals and hey- I'll be a much more effective lineman than I used to be- I have lots more back to put into it! :(

Chelle said...

What great pics! And, you look adorable! really, you do. Your belly just looks wonderful, and the rest of you is still tiny (no fair!). :)

Jill said...

you are SO cute pregnant!! have you chosen a name for her yet?

i had a friend whose daughter ate a screw. she dug around in her diapers forever before going back for an x-ray only to find it had passed and she had somehow missed it. here's hoping you at least find the dime!

Sharon said...

Yeaaahh! I'm so glad you posted a prego pic. You are so cute - just like I thought you'd be. Brady & I had originally thought of coming up for Follies this year, but got bogged down w/ schoolwork, etc. so maybe next year... Sorry about the dime incident & digging through poo - I feel for you girl! Hopefully Ryder won't be a repeat offender! Here's looking to a speedy cash withdrawal!:)

Procters said...

I'm praying that everything "comes out" alright for little Ryder. It was so great to see you this past week-end. No one can make me laugh like you Sue. Love you!

Sara said...

Wow, Ryder. Don't scare your mommie like that!
I can't believe it, but I can. I can safely say my children have not yet done that, but Carson may quickly change that sentence.
Can't wait to party with you tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Renee said...

Very fun pictures! Sounds like a great time. Hope your weekend was good. See you next Saturday at the clothes party I hope!

Sara said...

Ok, when are you going to update your blog? huh? huh? huh? when? huh? It's been like 4 days? when? huh?
Blogger bugger. Just kidding. Love you bunches :)