Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back in the saddle....

Ryder and "B"...

Miss Priss...

Trying to get ready for church...

Mom, Madi and Sydney...

Mom and Sydney...


The last few months have been a little different for our family. Colt has decided to get back into roping again. He grew up team roping with his entire family, but decided he hated it when he was pretty young. He would mess around with it when we were at his parents house, but he hasn't been in a roping since he was probably 13 or so. Anyway, for some reason he decided he wanted to build an arena, get a horse and start doing it again. Everyone has their own natural talents, but roping is something that comes so easily to him. He's great on a horse and looks like such a pro in the arena. He entered a roping yesterday and did amazingly well. He was only one of 2 people that made it to the short round twice. All they had to do was catch and he was almost guaranteed a prize, but both of his headers missed for him...he was pretty disappointed, but there's nothing he could do about it. The top prize was a really nice horse trailer and they paid 10 cash spots which would have been nice too. Since there were 250 teams that entered, it's awesome that he made it that far; especially since so many of those people have devoted so much of their life to practicing. Here comes a kid in tennis shoes and a baseball cap that hasn't entered any sort of competition in over 15 years and he out-roped almost everyone. I'm so proud of him and so excited to see where this is going to lead. He's going to another one in Muleshoe on Labor Day, so we'll see what happens.

Here are a few pictures of the kiddos. I've debated for a while on how to handle Ryder's "B" (blanket). If you notice, almost every picture has a "B" in there somewhere because he never goes anywhere without it. I decided to take his picture with it and then I may start cutting it into smaller pieces. I haven't been able to take scissors to it yet, but at least he has pictures with it. Hope yall have a good week!

11 comments:

SS said...

Sorry that the pictures are wierd. Does anyone know how I can keep them from doing that after scanning them in?

Darla said...

Mine did that to me so I then crop the picture before posting it on my blog. But the picture did look all that great after cropping?

I am lovin the new pictures. The one with your mom and her girls is so cute.

We also have a blanket and we are not getting rid of it anytime soon. It is only allowed out of his bed if he is going night night or if he is hurt. I just got rid of his passy about a 3 months ago so we need sometime to make night time easy.

Also about the potty training don't do it unless they are showing signs or it is no fun.

Luft Family said...

Your kids are so cute and I love the picture of Ryder with his B! As for potty training, we are just taking it a day at a time and are not perfect. Let's get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Please don't cut the blanket! =)

Amy V.

Anonymous said...

You can't cut the "B"!!!! He would never forgive you for that! Abbi carries her blanket around everywhere she goes. I think it's cute, for now!! I noticed Sydney sucks on her fingers like Larissa and Mason! That's funny! I love the pictures with MaryAnne in them. Great idea!

Jennifer K said...

I love the B pictures. If you get rid of B who am I going to call Linus? Come on, E likes Ryder having B!

Great pictures! Crop them after you scan. :)

Matthews said...

We have moved to MN! But I know that Jenna still has a big place in her heart for Ryder!!! And we soooo miss PDO at Trinity.

April Carrasco said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Sara said...

Cute pics!

realitymomma said...

every kid needs a b! let him have it. who is it hurting? don't dare cut it. you will want to keep it in his "keepsake" box one day. i promise. syd still has hers (and she is 7) she does not need it to sleep with nor does she use it - ever; but she will not let me put it away. just being on her bed is security enough.... let him keep it - but buy two, in case one gets lost.

Lisa Renee said...

The germophobe in me says cut the B... at least to where it doesn't drag through God knows what! I never was this way before but now I have real issues with stuff like that. I make everyone take their shoes off at the backdoor and carry them to their closets. I think seeing it all on my floor now just made me realize where all we step is now in my house.. GROSS! Especially since we visit a ridiculous amount of public restrooms now!!!