Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Faith, Hope, Love Ministries

Click to play The Kiddos...
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



It seems like I've lived on the computer for the past few days. I've meant to post this for a while and am just now getting the opportunity. These days, it seems like everyone has a "cause" that they're fighting for and while it's so easy to sit back and let everyone else do the work, we decided to make one of our own. This is something that I am very passionate about because I have seen the effects that divorce can have on a family and it's members. As most of you know, my sister is a single mom raising three kids on her own. Her ex no longer sends child support or has any real communication with the kids. We've seen her struggle emotionally and financially and it came to the point where we felt as if some sort of intervention was immediately necessary. We started a non-profit organization called Faith, Hope, Love Ministries and it primary purpose is to help single parents with resources and finances. As of today, Larissa is our focus, but her financial situation is only temporary and we will then be able to help someone else in a similar situation. I've attached a link to the website and you can read all about. Hopefully, it's self explanatory. Go to the original post, because Larissa added something to the blog last night. If it's something you're intersted in or have any questions, please let me know. We've already had an amazing response and with God's help, anticipate great things in the future.

I couldn't post a blog without adding pics of the kiddos. There were so many that I had to do a slideshow! Have a good one!
***For some reason, I can't add the link to the page, but here is the address: faithhopeloveministries.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Luft Family said...

Your kids are precious! I love Ryder's undies!

realitymomma said...

What a great ministry. You know, God uses people to make great things happen. So tragic what Larissa is and will continue to go through. How fortunate for her to have a family as yours and to start a ministry in her need! That is why we have suffering - it brings about God's will.

Speaking of family, is Jenni (Beth?) still mean? Remember the slinky? Read my comment to your comment on my blog.

Larissa said...

Is Jenny still mean...hahahahahha...that's funny.

Chelle said...

Kudos to your sister, and all the other single parents out there who forge ahead and love their kiddos well!

Love the pics, such cuties :)

Jennifer K said...

Fun pictures? Is that Jenni Beth in that picture or you? That is so weird.

The ministry is such a great idea. It will be blessed!

Larissa said...

You still get to read it, I'm not sending it until Tuesday. Read it over the weekend!

Lisa Renee said...

SuzAnne~ you just never cease to amaze me. What a great idea and there is nobody that could pull it off like you can. I look forward to hearing the updates and blessings coming about from all this.

It was great to see you the other day, even with all the crazy house stuff, which I think is going to turn out okay. Sure wish I saw you more often (hint hint!)

Now that I know you are reading
The Shack, you are definately going to have to make an appearance at the book club. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Have a great weekend..

Larissa said...

Are you excited about the Cowboys?

Sara said...

Who's elmo panties were those? Hilarious!