Monday, August 11, 2008

A mini vacation....


just like 7th grade doubles pictures...(Jill, I hope I made your husband proud)

aaahhhh!

Daddy and the kids...

Ryder's 1st tennis lesson...

Amy and Syd...
We went to Dallas for the weekend and had such a good time. Amy Van was house sitting for some of her good friends while they were in Hawaii. She asked us to bring the kids over and let them swim while we grilled out that night. I knew they had a nice house, but my jaw hit the floor when I saw it. Some of the ammenities included (in realtor language) outdoor kitchen with flatscreen, fireplace, pool, hot tub, lighted tennis court (yes in their back yard); the inside had 2 staircases, an elevator shaft, a dining room table that seats 24 people and to top it all off, the master closet was honestly the size of my bedroom at home. We did the math and realized that their house is 6 times the size of mine. I could go on for days about how gorgeous it was. We ended up staying there 2 nights because we didn't want to leave; it was like being at a resort.
Needless to say, we had a great time and it was so good to see Amy and let her spend time with my kids (when I could pull her away from the Olympics...Go Michael Phelps:) For those of you who don't know her, she's crazy, but I love her! Anyway, here are a few pics from "the mansion". Have a great week.

15 comments:

Procters said...

What a fun place to stay! I'm surprised you even left! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting this weekend. I had a great time...and boy did I need it. I will start working on my plans to visit you in Lubbock. Do I have to stay in your small house? LOL. =) I am going to be spoiled after this week is over.

Amy Van

Anonymous said...

OH...and I can't forget. COME ON MICHAEL PHELPS!!!

Larissa said...

Y'all are nerds!

Jill said...

besides the fact that Brody said that racket was made for an 80 year old, he was really impressed :) (this, coming from a girl who still can't serve)
looks like lots of fun. who needs a hotel when you can stay in a house like that?!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. By the way, you look really good!

Sara said...

Why does Ryder have a diaper on...on the tennis court!!!???

SS said...

He had just gotten out of the pool and I hadn't "caught" him yet to get him dressed!

SS said...

Amy,
1. NO (hasn't had kids :)
2. took a summer class in college so I could graduate; I still can't play.
3. Ryder said 4 words over and over again on the way to Dallas..."pickup", "tractor", "pump-jack", "cow"...enough said about your redneck comment!
4. Thanks, but I'm not there yet; at least 4 days a week in the gym (thanks to Jennifer)

Anonymous said...

and don't forget your meal plan. =)

Jennifer K said...

That house sounds amazing! Unreal! One day, right? I agree with everyone else you do look great!

Happy Mama said...

You do look great Sue! The "mansion" life really suites you. Amy got the hook up! She`is`adorable! Where is her crazy sista? I miss Van rakin' leaves all day long.... :)

Lisa Renee said...

What a fun time! We are on a lil vacation right now! Gotta love it! Have a fun and safe trip next week!

Sharon said...

How fun! You look great! (But ditto what Whittle said...NOT FAIR!)

Darla said...

WOW, now that is some cool vaction and the good thing about all that you didn't have to go broke to pay for those great ammenities. You two look great. Looks like you had tons of fun>