Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

This is kind of random, but I've been meaning to write this blog for a while. For those of you that know Amy VanVranken, she has worked for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation since graduating from LCU. I have agreed to lead another team for the Great Strides Walk that will be next month on the LCU campus. It would be wonderful (for those that live here) to have several people volunteer to walk and raise some of their own money. However, if you can't walk, there are always financial pledges. I sent out an e-mail to several people and didn't get much of a response, so I thought I would try this way. If anyone is interested in donating at least $10, I would be very appreciative. I hate asking for money, volunteers, help and stuff like that, but I know this is for a very good cause. CF is a deadly disease; they are still working to find a cure and that is what your money would go towards. If you're interested, you can go to the website www.cff.org/great_strides and look up my name to donate directly. If you would rather pledge an amount to give next month, e-mail me and I will collect it over the next few weeks. My address is txbrowneyes99@yahoo.com
Yall are wonderful! Have a good week.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

when is the walk?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Every penny truly does make a difference.

The walk is May 10.

Amy Van

Darla said...

We are doing something like this at my school. That is so wonder you are heading this up. I glad you left your email address I am so dying to find out about your dream.

Lisa Renee said...

When do I need to get that check to you by? Maybe I will stick it under your mat if I am out or something. Call me later if you get time.