Monday, April 21, 2008

The latest news....

I leave the room for 2 seconds and come back to find him stripped naked, digging through my purse

Just enjoying the view....

Just like daddy....



Well, only 4 more days and we will have two children. I'm scheduled at the hospital either for induction, or c-section on Friday morning. We were quite suprised that she has been breech for the last week. I'll have another sonogram on Thursday and that will determine what kind of delivery we'll have on Friday. I'm not looking forward to the idea of a c-section simply because of the recovery. Then again, I'm not too fond of the idea of having my stomach split open and organs temporarily removed from my body...all while I'm fully conscience. Either way, it will be fine and there's nothing I can do about it. I've said from day one that girls are TROUBLE and she's supporting this theory; already giving us problems :)

Only a few more things left to do in her room and I will post pictures. I know I've been saying that for weeks, but I really mean it this time. It was just a lot more work than what I had figured, but I have a tendency to get in way over my head with a lot of things. Thankfully, my wonderful friends threw us a shower (they totally went above and beyond and it was awesome) a couple weeks ago and that really finished out anything that we might need for the baby, so now we'll just sit and wait. We'll take lots of pictures of Miss Sydney and I'll get them posted over the next couple of weeks. Have a great week and keep us in your prayers.

13 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I cannot wait for Miss Sydney to arrive. Hang in there! Only a few more days!!

Jill said...

both my kids were c-sections. and...brody did mention that he could see my "guts" out and on the table and you don't even want to know what he said the placenta looked like~.but, honestly it isn't that bad. i don't have anything else to compare it to, but i was in the hospital shower shaving my legs the day after i had both of them so i don't think the recovery is that bad. either way, she will be here this week!! i can't WAIT to see the pictures!

Chelle said...

Will be praying for you. How nice to know WHEN you will have her though. I hear ya about the C-section and the recovery time. But, either way, whatever gets her here healthy! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

Procters said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I am praying. I can't wait for pictures!
Love Ya :)

Happy Mama said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see pics of miss Sydney and of her room. We'll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both of you! Also, thanks for the sweet comments.. you know I love to win!!! :) The lotion I mentioned was Baby Canus Petite Chevre Goat’s Milk- I bet you can get it at Hollyhocks in Lubbock or online-even ebay or amazon has it too. It is just the sweetest baby smell and it kept my cheeky baby all soft and smooth- Anyway, keep us posted and God Bless!

Happy Mama said...

BTW- Ryder is SOOOOO adorable! He has the cutest expressions and that black and white picture needs to be a poster or something! Watch out girls! :)

Sara said...

Soooo..
Number 1: C-SECTIONS ARE NOT BAD. At least mine weren't. The recovery is nothing like what people make them out to be! It was actually quite nice, you get to relax and take it easy while everyone else helps you out!Actually, I LOVE HAVING C-SECTIONS! I'm so glad my privates stayed, private!
Number 2: I can't wait for Sydney to get here either!
Call me sometime!

Sara said...

Soooo..
Number 1: C-SECTIONS ARE NOT BAD. At least mine weren't. The recovery is nothing like what people make them out to be! It was actually quite nice, you get to relax and take it easy while everyone else helps you out!Actually, I LOVE HAVING C-SECTIONS! I'm so glad my privates stayed, private!
Number 2: I can't wait for Sydney to get here either!
Call me sometime!

PrEsToNs said...

Congrats on 4 more days! Can't wait to see her and her room!

realitymomma said...

wow! time has flown. ryder is adorable. i wish i could squeeze him through my screen! excited for sydney to come, but it does feel weird referring to sydney - as not my child! i am glad we have a child with the same name....

Lisa Renee said...

TWOO FREAKING DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
You had better believe I will be up there holding that sweet baby girl! Hang in there, hopefully she will turn or something will happen, either way it will be fine. Thinking about you LOTS!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow (Friday)! I will definately be thinking of you. Larissa said she would call when Sydney is here.

Sharon said...

Ooooohh - I'm so excited for you! This reminds me of my C-section w/ Bella, I had mine on a Friday morning. Piece of Cake - I'm totally w/ Sara on keeping privates private :). The recovery time will be so easy for you, since you've been in shape. Can't wait to see the pics of little miss Sydney! We'll be praying for you!