Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sydney is here....

Just wanted to let everyone know that we now have a baby girl! Sydney Ann was born Friday morning, 8pds 2 oz, 23 inches long and absolutely gorgeous. I ended up having a c-section and everything went very smoothly. Yall were so right about the recovery; I took a shower yesterday morning and am now able to walk downstairs by myself (don't need the wheelchair any longer). As for Sydney, she is doing really good, but has been in NICU the entire time. Long story short, they're not exactly sure what's going on but it has something to do with her respiratory system. She was requiring too much oxygen and they ended up putting her on a ventilator yesterday. Technically, it's breathing for her but they have assured us that it's different than an adult being on that type of machine. They said it's not as bad as it sounds. Originally, she was covered with an oxygen tent and we couldn't get a good look at her, but the ventilator at least allows us to touch her and see her entire body. For the past 48 hours, her CO2 and O2 levels have fluctuated instead of continously getting better, however I just came from NICU and they said that she had a really good night with steady improvements. The nurse said that they plan on feeding her this morning (for the first time) via a feeding tube. While she has done really well over the past 12 hours, they're still not exactly sure what the problem is, but are beginning to eliminate certain things. The cardiologist did an EKG last night and determined that her heart is fine, so we can check that off the list. It may be nothing more than she needed a little extra time to "bake" and her lungs just weren't mature enough. With that being said, we don't know how long she'll be here, but I should be released by Tuesday. Colt and I are doing really well and know that everything is going to be fine. Any daughter of ours is automatically going to be a stubborn little thing, so this is probably par for her course. Anyway, we just wanted yall to know what's going on and I will keep this updated with any news that we get. Pictures will come soon, I promise!!! Again, we're doing really well, but would appreciate your prayers. Give all your babies tons of hugs and kisses today and I'll post again soon!

8 comments:

Procters said...

Congratulations!!! I will mention Sydney in our prayer time at church this morning. I can hardly wait to see pictures. Hang in there. Love you!

Chelle said...

Congrats, and will be praying for you all! Can't wait for the pictures of your sweet girl.

Jill said...

So happy to hear she is here! Showers do wonders for making you feel better too, so I'm glad you were able to take one. I will be praying she continues to make steady improvements, and can't wait to see her sweet face!

April Carrasco said...

I am so happy for y'all. I can't wait to see pictures of Sydney and you will all be in our prayers.

Sharon said...

Congratulations - I'm so glad little miss Sydney is here! We will definitely be keeping you in our prayers. I'm also happy to hear that you're having a speedy recovery from your C-section. Can't wait to see the pics of that sweet baby girl! BTW, you are so on top of it, to be blogging just TWO days after giving birth - you rock!

Happy Mama said...

Thank you God for keeping sweet Sydney and Suzanne safe during delivery and thank you in advance for the progress she will make today and in the next few days before they go home. Give the doctors the knowledge and their precious family peace in knowing you are there taking care of them all. Thank you for the blessings of children....AMEN!

realitymomma said...

yea! sydney is here! congrats and definitely lots of prayers. like all, we will be excited to see her pics and my syd can't wait to see another sydney baby girl. wow, 23 in long, i bet it's all legs like her mamma! stay strong, God is in control.

Sara said...

I just saw that you posted this. I posted pictures of her and you on my blog!