Thursday, February 21, 2008

She has a name....

Am I cute, or what???

Tough man....

The prince sleeps...

Okay, Lisa, after many attempts, you are officially being congratulated on naming our child!!! We've gone round and round on trying to pick a name, but Colt finally agreed on Valentines Day that we can name her Sydney Ann Scott. Her initials will be SAS, instead of ASS (sorry to disappoint you Cherise!) That's one more thing that I can check off my list of things to do...give my kid a name :) I can't believe that it's already so close to time; 9 weeks will be here before I can turn around.
It's been another eventful week. The day after he had x-rays to locate "the dime", he slit his eye open. Fortunately it wasn't close to his eyeball, but close enough to the lid that we had a hard time keeping the wound shut. It happened late in the evening, so we decided against an ER visit. I figure that girls usually think scars are sexy and boys think of them as trophies, so it shouldn't be a big deal. If we could just keep him from picking the scab off, it might actually get well.
Not much to tell, but here are a few pictures to look at. Have a good week.
FYI...We found the dime and it's now in his baby book (scrubbed clean, of course!)

12 comments:

Chelle said...

Beautiful name! What fun to be able to call her by name now. Whoooppee! Glad the dime saga is over...or through (hahaha).

realitymomma said...

Lovin' the name. my sydney diane will be excited. sarah may have given you the name, but you had to borrow it from me. too, she is great with babies, so we will have to get them together.

Nate said...

What a cute name! Miss Syndey Ann Scott will live up to her initials I feel sure. :) I love the first and last name same letter- obviously I have H Shaye H. You did well mama Scott and I can't wait to see that little one! 9 weeks will fly... Love your new zebra print as well- funky fun!

Nate said...

oops, I guess Nate stayed logged on- it's mel, just in case you were afraid that Nathan sounded a bit gay... :)

Sharon said...

Love the name - so cute, but classic, and I love the initials - SAS - how fun & sassy! Speaking of sassy, good pick for the new background of your blog. Zebra print definitely suits your personality more. Man, Ryder is growing so fast, and I can't believe you only have nine more weeks - those last fly by so fast. I'm so happy for you & can't wait to see the pics of your precious little girl.

Jill said...

love the name :) scarlett's middle name is ann after my mom. brody spelled it wrong a few times in her baby book and just the other day wrote anne on a piece of paper...i had to double check the birth certificate to make sure he hadn't messed up the spelling while i was still groggy after the c-section. i hope the next 9 weeks fly for you and can't wait to "meet" her. we really need to make a trip to lubbock!!

Anonymous said...

If I'm not wrong I think me and Larissa talked about Sydney too!! Hey, give us some credit!! I'm glad you found the dime and that's great that it's now in his baby book!! That's funny! See you on Sunday!

Procters said...

Wow,only 9 more weeks to go! I love the name and she can always be a little "sassy". She will be the princess after all:)

Lisa Renee said...

Well I won't take all the credit, I am sure you had heard it before but it does sound pretty like I know she will be! Very fun!

Sara said...

Carson has on the same pj's in a picture I just posted. Tehehehe.

PrEsToNs said...

luv the name! good to see you too!

Happy Mama said...

Have you given birth to Sydney or what? Just checking... :)