Thursday, July 17, 2008

My baby is 2!!!


Love this picture!!!

Click to play Ryder's 2nd B-day!!!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


It's so hard to believe that Ryder was born over two years ago. He has been such a joy to us and our family and we never expected the last couple of years to be as wonderful as they have been. Now our joy has been doubled with Miss Sydney...life is good :) Ryder had a small party Monday night with our family and he decided on an Elmo theme. I'm not big on characters, but other than tractors and farm animals, Elmo is the only thing he's really taken an interest in. I did my best at making his cake and it actually turned out really well. I have no idea how it tasted because I wasn't about to eat all that clumpy icing, but the kids seemed to like it. I asked his Pappa (Colt's dad) to make his traditional B-day cake and it was great. We've decided that were going to have to buy a bigger house just to hold all his toys. Do they still make small toys? If so, please tell me where. Ryder ended up going home with Colt's parents for the week and it's been so strange not having him around. Granted, I've gotten more done around the house than all of last year combined, but I'll be ready for him to come back in the next couple of days. We're debating taking the side off of his baby bed this week. I think he's old enough, but it may drive me crazy and end up back on the bed by the end of the week...we'll see.
For those of you that new about my grandaddy, he had a heart attack the other day and remarkably is doing just fine. He's already gone home and you would never know that he came near death a few days ago. Knowing him, he's thinking that he's got to much work "around the house" to finish up and it's just not his time. He's a funny guy!
This is random, but I'm going to start posting houses that I have for sale on my blog. Hey, I might as well kill two birds with one stone. If you know anyone looking for anything in the Lubbock area, whether I have it listed or not, just let me know. Anyway, I hope all is well. Have a good week.

12 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Yes, that is a lot of Elmo. Good job on the cake. Love it.

Second, I love that you used the Tequila song for the slideshow of your child's second birthday.

Sydney looks so much like Ryder. they are beautiful! Miss y'all!

Larissa said...

I saw the comment you left on Cherise's blog about the "house on the lake"...hahahahhaha...now really, was that a house?

Jill said...

sydney's outfit is precious! girls really are so much more fun to dress :)
the cake looks delicious and i must say, i'd probably eat it...icing and all!

April Carrasco said...

Oh my word! That polka dot outfit is precious. That is totally something I would have put Kyler in when she was little. Enjoy this time with your little girl. That elmo cake is great. Kyler and Kole both had elmo b-days at 2. I am sure Kellan will too. Elmo is a classic for some reason. Putting your houses on the blog is a great idea.

April Carrasco said...

Oh my word! That polka dot outfit is precious. That is totally something I would have put Kyler in when she was little. Enjoy this time with your little girl. That elmo cake is great. Kyler and Kole both had elmo b-days at 2. I am sure Kellan will too. Elmo is a classic for some reason. Putting your houses on the blog is a great idea.

Darla said...

I am so lovin the outfit Miss Sydney is sporting and could she be any more cuter?

I love the Elmo theme. The cake looks great. I also made Lawson's cake this year, it so much harder than it looks huh?

Your kids are too cute. Posting your houses on your blog what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Looks like mama did a great job on the B-day party!!!! The cake looks really good. You did good, once again!! The creativity must come from your dad's side because I have none!!

Procters said...

Great job on the cake! Oh, and aren't you my sweet friend who had a 101 Dalmations theme in your bedroom when you were in HIGH SCHOOL! Not into characters, huh! :)
Sydney already looks JUST like you. Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your Elmo cake looks terrific! It really is so much harder than it looks. You have great willpower - unfortunately, I've got a major sweet tooth.
Little miss Sydney is too precious - she looks soooo much like you. Love her outfit - Bella loves pink & green too.
Glad your grandad is doing better. BTW, I think it's a great idea to advertise your houses. Way to multi-task!

Lisa Renee said...

Happy Birthday little man! Wow, it really does go so fast. My girl is two and a half and I am trying to keep her little although she resists :( Looks like a great party!

realitymomma said...

WOW! I am impressed on the cake. And FYI - if you take that much time and effort, you get to eat the cake, too!!!!

Ryder is soooooo cute. Remember my tater if he ever needs a date! laughing at the tequila song, that is pretty classic you know.

do you think you will ever have a clown theme?

sydney is ryder, jr.

Happy Mama said...

I am so impressed that you are such a domestic diva. I can't say I imagined you making an Elmo cake- go Suz! Sydney looks SO ADORABLE!!! Love the polka dots and the post- she is PRECIOUS! You have beautiful kids!