Sunday, July 6, 2008

A great weekend...








We decided to visit Colts family this last weekend. He has always been very close to his aunt, uncle and cousins, but they live in northern NM and we usually only see them once or twice a year. During the holidays we always get together and have the JLS ropin (Jackson, Lehman, Scott) and were fortunate to get to do that this weekend. Back a while ago, we found out that his uncle Joe has pancreatic cancer and immediately started treatment. I'm so glad that we got to see him this weekend because nobody knows what God has in store for his future. For the 4th, we went over to Eagles Nest and watched the firework show over the lake. It was so gorgeous becasue we were right in the middle of the mountains, no clouds in the sky and nothing but a million stars and awesome fireworks. Of course it didn't dawn on me that capris and flip flops probably aren't the smartest thing to wear at night in the mountains. I don't know what the temp was, but it was pretty dang cold for July. Overall, we had a great weekend with his parents and the rest of his family; once again, it was nice to get out of town.

To be honest, I don't really feel like blogging right now. I feel compelled to mention this, but don't want to talk about it yet. I just got a call from a good friend in Dallas that I used to teach with. She called to let me know that one of my very good friends at school died last night. She's had cancer 5 times now. I don't have much to say, other than I hate cancer and it scares me greatly. On that note, please keep her family in your prayers and please pray for Colt's uncle Joe, too. He's got quite a battle ahead of him. Don't ever forget that we don't know what tomorrow holds, the ones we love may not be with us. Don't take anything or anyone for granted. Now that I've probably depressed you all, (sorry) have a good week.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate cancer too. It's a scary word. I'm glad yall had a good weekend though. The kids look cute in their outfits!

Happy Mama said...

Cancer sucks...been there... praying for you and your friends and family though.

Ahhh Eagle Nest- we have spent many years in that spot by the lake on the 4th- We just got back from Red River a few weeks ago- lots of memories there. I love all your pics! Beautiful babies!!!Syd has movie star lips!

BTW we are moving first part of August- we are trying to close on our house before we get there, but we'll see. We are excited- it is beautiful there- I forgot you lived in McAllen-blame it on MEXICO! :)

Chelle said...

Yep, cancer sucks. Plain and simple.

Love the pics of the kiddos, so dang cute! Hope you are having a good monday friend.

Lisa Renee said...

The disease is just baffling. We lost a good friend (Sue Savell)just after I found out I was having a girl to a long slow suffering death. Definately saying some prayers for both these families.

On a lighter note, looks like you found a cute shirt and they look precious together! What a wonderful place to view the fireworks! It was actually kind of cool here too.. crazy!

I miss you friend... come by sometime if things slow down. Maybe we could even meet up for dinner one night or something?! T has sports camp all week this week but let me know what your schedule looks like next week. Hopefully by then I will be over poop in both my eyes!

Jill said...

what cute pictures. glad you had a happy fourth. i can't imagine a cool fourth of july...i think it was only about 98 degrees here...with about a thousand percent humidity :)

Darla said...

Cancer is so scary! I am so sorry to hear about your friend and Colt's uncle. I just think your kids are so cute. How did you get that great pictures of your two?

April Carrasco said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I am glad y'all had a good 4th. Cute pictures! Yes, that was Mike you heard on the radio. He won free Willie tickets!

Luft Family said...

The pack n play picture is great. Having two babies is fun and yours are precious! So sorry to hear about your friend. I hate cancer. We need to get together!

Aubrey said...

Cancer is such a rotten deal. I'll definitely be praying for your friend and Colt's uncle. I'm glad your 4th was good ... loved the picture with the kids in their red, white, and blue. And,the toilet paper pic cracked me up!!

Jennifer K said...

You know how I feel about this. Ugh.

Love the 4th pictures. We did miss you though! E wanted Ryder to come!!

Procters said...

It is always so surreal to lose a friend that you are close to. So sorry.
Love the pictures of your kiddos. They are beautiful.

realitymomma said...

sorry to hear about your friend. time is limited - grasp hold of all that you can....

syd is looking more like ryder to me. they are precious. whenever i am around my nephew i can't help but think of ryder.

lots of prayers for all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.