Friday, May 2, 2008

Precious Sydney...

Still scrubbed in at NICU...

The proud big brother...

All my babies....

Ryders first encounter with Sydney...


I'm so happy to say that I'm at home and so is our precious Sydney. She was in NICU for six days, but we brought her home yesterday and she's doing wonderful. Thank you so much for all the prayers, meals and gifts; we are extremely blessed to have such great friends and family. The adjustment has not been bad and my recovery has been much better than I expected. Ryder has been the biggest problem this last week. Only 2 hours after I was released from the hospital, he started throwing up and running fever. He has never been quite this sick for this long. He threw up this morning, but that was the last time and has been able to hold down pedialyte all day. This is a huge improvement from the last 3 days. He started feeling better tonight, so hopefully he'll be better by tomorrow.
He's not really sure what to think of Sydney. He really wants to help by throwing blankets on top of her and literally throwing teddy bears at her. He even tried to put her headband bow on tonight but ended up with it around her neck. This morning he tried to feed her a nutragrain bar. He has the right idea with everything and I know he has sweet intentions, but he is really aggressive and doesn't understand the meaning of "gentle". Needless to say, we can't turn our backs on him for even a second.
Were so fortunate to have had Colt's mom here for the week. With Ryder being so sick, I don't know what I would have done because I'm not supposed to pick him up for a few more weeks. Colt has been such a trooper and deserves "daddy of the year". I feel bad for him because he's had to concentrate on work, taking care of me, tending to Ryder, and leaving some time for Sydney. He slept on a hospital couch for 4 nights and rather than getting a good nights sleep our first night home, he slept on our couch with Ryder until 3 in the morning because that's the only way he would quit crying. After all that, he got up and went to work the next morning. What a man!!!!
I look around me and count my blessings because we have such wonderful friends and family and I have two beautiful children along with an amazing husband. What more could I ask for??? Thanks again for all the prayers, I always knew that everything would be okay. Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

Darla said...

I am so glad you guys are all home and are healthy again. Well, I hope you guys are healthy? I have been checking your blog daily for new pictures of the new little one.

Jill said...

Poor Ryder...you sound so calm! I think I would be freaking out worrying about germs. Sydney is precious!! Did they ever figure out why she needed the oxygen?

Procters said...

WOW!!! That is all I can think of to say. Congratulations to all of you. She is beautiful...what a blessed family you are. Love you, Suz!

Jennifer K said...

She is precious! I am glad your family is on the mend. PLEASE take it easy!!! I can't believe how much you are doing already. Take care of yourself!

realitymomma said...

so glad you are all home and will get to get on your routine. i agree with cherise - wow! how are you not going crazy? maybe if ryder would not have eaten the whole cake, he would not have been sick!!! just joking based on a pic in the previous post. the pic of daddy and the two kiddos is more than precious - blow that one up for father's day. sydney is beautiful - it comes with the name!!!!

April Carrasco said...

I am so glad everyone is home. Enjoy this time and try and get some rest. She is precious!

Lisa Renee said...

Purrrshuss!!!!!!! I can't wait to hold her! Glad she is home and you all are adjusting well. Poor lil Ryder, hope he is back to himself by now. See you soon!

P.S.
Say a lil prayer for Denise, she is being induced early tomorrow morning!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to see her -- finally!!! She is precious! I hope everyone is feeling better. Take care and let me know if you need anything! I will make sure mom rushes on your food!!!

Happy Mama said...

BEAUTIFUL!!:)  I am so glad you are all home and doing so great! Sounds like you are all just jumping in full speed ahead and Ryder just wanted to initiate you the right way.  She is just perfect and you know I love all that pink-now anyway- I was never much of a pink fan until Hadlea.  Your family is just precious!  CONGRATS MAMA OF TWO!!! 

Sharon said...

Sydney is too precious. I'm so glad you all are out of NICU and able to be at home to enjoy the baby. Make sure you do take it easy - remember you are recovering from major surgery! Cherish this time, I know I did when I had my C-section. I hope everyone is feeling better!

Sara said...

I love the teddy bear comment. That is freakin' heeeelarious.
And about your husband, he is such a suuuuper guy. I love him so much. He is a great caretaker with such a passive spirit (at times). Sweet sweet man. Love you both.